Walla Walla Real Estate Company does not charge you for us to come out and take photos of your property, unless you live outside of the local Walla Walla area. We pride ourselves on our real estate photography, and in general our clients are very satisfied with their online real estate ads. However, some people prefer to take their own photos, and that's fine with us provided that you are a competent digital photographer, and as long as the photos you take are clear, quality images.
If you want to take and submit your own real estate photography, please follow these guidelines:
- Use a good digital camera that takes high resolution images. Wide angle, fisheye, panarama, or other artistic shots are perfectly acceptable, although we may need to edit them to fit our webpage templates.
- Prepare the property for photographs. Clean-up, both inside and outside. Tidy up clutter and messes, make beds, mow the lawn, move vehicles, ask people to move out of the shot, etc.
- Pay attention to "verticals." What this means, basically, is that you want to take pictures that are level, so that objects that should be vertical (perpendicular to the ground) are vertical.
- When taking exterior shots, try to time them so the sun is shining on the side of the structure(s) that you are shooting. Avoid shooting structures that are in shade, unless there is no other option. Use a flash, if possible, to lighten perpetually shady areas.
- When taking interior shots, pay attention to light sources, especially windows through which sunlight shines. The camera will generally focus on bright light, rendering everything else too dark to see. Sometimes closing blinds and/or drapes and turning on interior lighting is the best way to shoot a particular room. Sometimes, using a flash is the best way to capture an interior room/feature.
- We prefer that you shoot in landscape orientation (photos that are wider than they are tall). In other words, do not rotate the camera to take portrait orientation photos. We can accommodate portrait orientation photography, if necessary, but it doesn't look as good in our ads as landscape photography does.
- If you have the ability, use software (such as Photoshop) to adjust your photos for both light and color.
- Before emailing your photos, please resize them so they are approximately 1200x800 pixels.
- Do not email photos that are smaller than 640x427 pixels; we would have to upscale them, and the quality would suffer.
- When you have finished taking your photos, email us only the ones you want to use. Each of our ad packages allows for a specific number of photos. Please do not send extra photos unless you want us to charge you our additional photo fee, which is $10 per photo.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 509.301.1325. Thank you for visiting www.wallawallarealestate.com!